VBT# Songbird - Victoria Escobar



Songbird

Review: Songbird - Victoria Escobar - August 2015

When I first saw this book there were two things that jumped out at me , the first was that it was about music and in particular country music which I love as I am such a fan of country over any other type of music and the second thing was that it was set in Nashville, which I was lucky enough to visit back in December 2013. Nashville has always held a place in my heart as being one of the top homes to country and western music and anytime I read a book there now it makes me smile as I can be like I've been there and more often than not the author will mention something in Nashville and I'm like I've been there or I know where that is and it makes reading the book more real and personal. In Songbird we meet Bianca who reading the story, she had the power to become big and in a famous way huge, but personal life got in the way and obstacles which caused her to instead of embracing the limelight caused her to backtrack and run from her past. However, for most people once you have a passion or talent -no matter how hard you try to escape it  -you can't and for Bianca - her talent and passion was music so she began playing in entertainment halls around Nashville. Then wham, bam she gets a massive break with a country band starring Nicholas Walker and then at that stage the readers can see what's going to happen as these two have a few sparks despite their ups and downs and problems as Nicholas is one of those males who haven't yet grown up - a case of Peter Pan Syndrome. What will happen though when her past , the one she has been running from turns up in full blow mode ? Will Walker stand by his girl or will she realise that when the going gets tough, you have to fight alone ?
Find out in Songbird by Victoria Escobar - a novel where your dreams will always find a way to come true and to stop and look around and realise -that no matter how much you think you are alone in this world, you always have at least one other person standing on your side of the court.
 Songbird by Victoria Escobar is the perfect read for all those wanting to get a fix of a Country Musician and a Romance Fix with a bit of a rollercoaster ride.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid