Review: Once Upon A Time - Edited by Paula Guran



 

Review: Once Upon a Time - New Fairytales Collection - Edited by Paula Guran - October 2013

Seeing this book appealed to me for two reasons , the first was that it was edited by Paula Guran and I happen to be a big fan of all the anthologies she has been the editor of and second, those who have read my blog posts and know me will know that when it comes to fairytales and renditions - I am one of their biggest fans. At first though, I thought this anthology might have been fairytales with an erotic twist as the cover has that feel to it but once I cracked open the book and started reading , it wasn't which in a way made me more relaxed and able to enjoy it better. The anthology contains a mixture of new authors I hadn't heard of , authors that I had heard of and of course my favourite authors like Jane Yolen who is famous for her remake of Briar Rose. There is something in Once Upon a Time for all readers from older fairytales like Sleeping Beauty , Red Riding Hood to Puss in Boots . To tales set in different countries like the One about the Korean Dragon Empress . Also Jane Yolen's tale of Sleeping Beauty as made the movie of Maleficent look more appealing.
 If you are a fan of Fairy-tales and love reading Short Stories, then Once upon a Time is the book for you.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid