Review: Raw - Belle Aurora




Review: Raw - Belle Aurora - January 2014

#Just so readers know, I am not one who writes negative reviews but in order to explain my feelings about this book , I have to touch on some points which didn't do it for me.

If you are like me and are A) a big reader and B) frequent Facebook looking for new releases to try and see what is popular. Then you would have heard about Belle Aurora's new book "Raw" which is currently making it's way through being one of the most talked about books on Facebook. After reading the posts etc , I decided to one-click it and give it a go to see what all the fuss was about and to put it kindly - I personally didn't see it and I think the only reason I kept reading was because I wanted to see what happened as I couldn't put it down due to what others had said. To put it in words to describe, Raw was an "interesting" read and one that if you aren't a fan of the erotica style of books and all the language that comes with full-on erotic and BDSM books then this is not the book for you. If you love books that flow nicely and you can understand it in motion, then this is not the book for you as in parts whilst reading it , it seemed a tad disjointed. In Raw we meet Lexi , who is a sweet young girl who goes out of her way to save a young boy. Then years later, they meet - yet she doesn't know who he really is. He was the reason she does the job she does , she is a social worker. Twitch as he likes to be known as , has the sick idea that she needs to be punished because she helped him when she was only six years old.  The story chugs along in a fashion that reminded me of scenes from Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy. Then of course the ending/ epilogue comes and it's five years in the future and the scene has a Batman resemblance to it - think the last Batman movie and the near-ending. 
That folks is how I can describe the book experience that I as a reader had with Belle Aurora's book "Raw".

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid