Review: Omens - Kelley Armstrong



Today's review is a new series by Kelley Armstrong - one of my favourite Supernatural/Paranormal writers.
 
Review: Omens - Book #1 Cainsville Series - Kelley Armstrong - August 2013
This book has been sitting on my wishlist as I am a big Kelley Armstrong fan and have read everything by her, so when it came in the new books at the library I just knew I had to read it. Even more was the fact that I got the cover in the middle, it held a creepy feeling - almost like a Stephen King novel type cover . This excited me and I just couldn't wait to get stuck into the novel. Omens started out great with Olivia Taylor-Jones discovering she was adopted and that her birth parents are America's most notorious serial-killers wanted for murdering eight couples when she was a baby. Now twenty-four years later , the truth is out and everyone wants a piece of Olivia - be it for the fact of who her birth parents are and she is viewed to be an evil incarnation or the fact that her adopted parents were very wealthy and now they want a piece of her trust fund and will go to lengths to get a piece of the Taylor-Jones money. Strange things start happening though as Olivia finds herself in the town of Cainsville = this town reminded me a bit of "Ravenswood" on Pretty Little Liars or what I imagine it too be as something really odd is happening in that town.  Once Olivia arrives in Cainsville, this is where the novel starts to go a bit weird as we meet Gabriel Walsh - who on the record "I hate this character" urgh he frustrates and annoys me. In the novel we read as Olivia experiences flashbacks to the night her parents were arrested and other events in her life . I did love the part where she reunited with Pamela Larsen - her birth mother and hope that in Book #2 she meets her real father Todd Larsen.


 
 


Comments

  1. I just received "Omens" as a gift and am looking forward to reading it immensely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid