Review: Rush Me - Allison Parr

 
 
With the new rise of the category "New Adult" it is not surprising that Carina Press has jumped on board with providing a category for these writers.
So far , they only have one book published in this area but as soon as more people jump on board then this can expand.
 
Review: Rush Me - Allison Parr - April 2013
Have you been enjoying the influx of New Adult Books ? I think for me , I have found one of my favourite categories. I can't explain yet, when I read the books it is the type of stories that I love. I think most of it is the whole Cinderella aspect or the Edgy issues that I fall for, the hopeless romantic storylines featuring the amnesiac etc.
So with the current influx of New Adult, it's not surprising to see that Carina Press has jumped on board with it's first New Adult Release by Allison Parr.
Rush Me starts with Rachael who is a intern at a publishing firm in New York working with YA and Women's fiction ,which to me sounds like the perfect job. I loved the character of Rachael as in a way she reminded me of myself or at least the dream self. Rachael's best friend and roommate Eva is a theatre chick, so the story has them going off to a theatre party only Rachael gets lost and ends up gate-crashing a Leopards ( local Football Team) party where she meets the handsome yet arrogant jock Ryan Carter - quarterback for the Leopards. From there, the story leads with Rachael getting to know the rest of the team and slowly getting closer to Ryan who by the way as this whole hot and cold feel going on. As the story continues we can guess the gist with Ryan and Rachael becoming close and eventually dating but then it comes to the "meeting the parents" . Will this be the end of Rachael and Ryan as they come to terms that they are from two separate and very different families and class ? Or will Rush me by Allison Pace prove that opposites can really attract each other ? In a way the two characters in the story Rachael and Ryan reminded me of Zoe Hart and Wade Kinsella from Hart of Dixie crossed with the overall feeling of the book being like that movie starring Kristen Bell and Jamie Lee-Curtis "You Again".
Rush me is an awesome read for anyone who loves the New Adult Category and the Cinderella tales.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid