Review: Point of Retreat - Colleen Hoover



Looking for a New Adult Author to love ?
Have you read "Slammed" by Colleen Hoover and wanting more ?
 

Review: Point of Retreat - Book #2 Slammed Series - February 2012
As a member of a Facebook group called BA , one of the perks is that I not only get to meet awesome new people who are big readers like me and awesome authors like the above Colleen Hoover but I also get to discover new books to read and I definitely don't have a shortage of them which is bad for my bank balance but I do love my books. A few months ago, I finally got around to reading Slammed by Colleen Hoover and I really loved it - it made me want to go to a poetry slamming. Today I decided to crack open well click open Point of Retreat which is Book #2 of the Slammed Series. At the end of Book #1 we read as Lake and her brother Kel experienced the death of their mother and Lake became her brother's guardian. In Book #2 Lake and Will are still dating and living in their separate houses , Kel and Caulder are the best of friends and now their is a third person attached to their group - next door neighbour Kiersten who is such a precocious little one and her swear word which I loved was "Butterfly". Gavin and Eddie are still going strong and have some exciting news in Point of Retreat. However the question about halfway through the novel is when Will's ex-girlfriend Vaughn comes back on the scene is - Is Will really over Vaughn or was Lake just a stand-in till his first love Vaughn came back ? Can the love that Will and Lake have overcome those who are trying to destroy them? There is a sad OMG - How could Colleen do this to us point in the novel , near the end as tragedy strikes in the form of a car accident and readers are left wondering what will happen to Lake ? The other awesome thing about Point of Retreat was that it was written from Will's POV , so guys you can read this as it's told from a Male perspective.
I am looking forward now to read Book #3 This Girl and hope to see Kiersten and her mother Sherry feature. 


 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid