Review: Slammed - Colleen Hoover


 
Are you a fan of the "New Adult" genre?
Do you love Poetry ?
Review: Slammed - Book #1 Slammed Series - Colleen Hoover - January 2012
At the moment, it seems that all the awesome books that I have read are in the "New Adult" category as recently I went through a bit of a book reading jam where nothing seemed to work , so I was put onto Andrea Randall's Into the Stillness and loved it. So what I have decided to do was go through my list to read and finally read books that have been sitting on my Ipad and read them . So up first was Colleen Hoover's book "Slammed" the first in a series of three which I have book #2 and book#3 is relesed pretty soon. Like most of the indie authors I have read , I had heard ALOT about this book from the facebook group I belong to called BA as the author is also a member of the group. All I really knew about it was that it contained slam poetry and it was a great book, that's it. So I opened the book and started reading and met the two main characters Layken and Will. Lake as she is known as has just moved with her mum Julia and brother Kel from Texas to Michigan , Will is her hunky next door neighbour who lives with his brother Caulder who turns out to be Kel's age. Lake and Will have an awesome three days then Lake starts school only to discover that the guy she is falling in love with is her English Teacher - total Aria and Ezra Fitz moment here.  Like most books, the two can't really be together and fight it but no matter what happens their love can't keep them apart. The thing though that I loved about this book was that it wasn't just another soppy love story , Will teaches his English class all about Poetry and Slamming and takes them as part of their class assignment to a Slam Night at a club and the students perform their works. This made me tear up as some of the poems read were amazing and heartfelt. Soon Lake's life will be flipped upside down as she learns a dark secret from her mother , will she be able to cope ? In this part, not to give it away. All I will say is I love her brother Kel as he comes up with the most awesome things and he really did make me smile and reminded me of my brother Zach.  The other thing that this book left me thinking was "OMG I so need to go to a Poetry Slam Night now".
So for an awesome read and first glance into the lives of Will and Lake , check out Slammed by Colleen Hoover.

 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid