Review: Amity & Sorrow - Peggy Riley


 
Looking for a book to add to your TBR list ?
Needing something outside your normal reading styles ?
 
Review: Amity & Sorrow - Peggy Riley - April 2013
This is probably one of the hardest reviews I have ever had to write in the past three years that I have blogging. This book was one of those ones where the cover captured me as I had the cover in the middle and then I read the blurb and it sounded like it could be a good book with it being about a Polygamy cult as I love to read things like that. So here I am opening the book and learn that the Mother Amaranth and her two daughter Sorrow and Amity have escaped a cult and now her husband is after her. We learn that she is Wife #1 of Fifty Wives and that her daughter Sorrow is called "The Oracle". Then the book gets well.... confusing as they stumble across a farm and meet a guy called Bradley and his son Dust and live on the farm and this is their story. The thing about this book was the writing was addictive and you just wanted to keep reading it to try and find out what happens , the only thing is you never do but you hold a candle to this book hoping that things will improve and you will find clarity but again it never comes, it didn't for me but you might have better luck.
I'll be interested if anyone else has read this, what their views of it are ?
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid