Review: Static - Tawny Stokes


 
Have you noticed that lately there has been an influx of Rock N Roll Literature ?
Are you a fan of Demons, Rock and Roll and Teen Fiction ?
Check out a new Teen Indie Author "Tawny Stokes" and her mix of Rock N Roll and Demons.
Review: Static - Tawny Stokes - August 2011
When I saw the cover of this novel I wasn't too sure what to expect, I just knew that it would have something to do with music and Rock N Roll hence the girl in the tartan skirt holding an awesome red and white electric guitar, but that was as far as I had gotten. As readers know I am a cover lover and that was the reason I purchased this book as I loved the look of the cover and thought to myself hmmm --- that could be a book I am interested in.
Static took me surprisingly not only into the world of Rock N Roll and Music , Backstage parties which I kind of expected but into a world where this novel would turn more into fantasy supernatural rather than a reality type teen angst novel. You see the main band in the novel are not of this world and not to give too much of the main surprise away lets just say that they have been getting away with it for centuries.
Static starts with two teens Chloe and Salem who have been traipsing around the music scene following the popular band Malice. Salem more than Chloe is absolutely head over heels in love with the lead singer Thane and has planned to lose her virginity to him backstage. Things however don't go exactly to plan as it turns out the band is hiding a dark secret - they are in fact incubuis aka Sex Demons who feed off their victims via sexual intimacy. When Salem wakes up she discovers something is off and she later discovers, that they have turned her into a Cambion - one who is turned by a incubi. Now Salem along with Trevor who was also turned must work together to gain their revenge on the band and by doing so must band together in order to survive or else they like the rest of the band's victims will end up in tomorrows trash.
Static was an interesting novel and started off great, but I found near the end of the book it seemed a little rush and the ending was quite sharp and blunt yet it does also allow a cliffhanger of sorts as you the reader are left to wonder what becomes of the main characters etc.
If you are wanting a light-read and something demony and supernaturally like with a mix of Rock N Roll music bopping around in the novel , then Static by Tawny Stokes is the novel for you.
 
 
 

Comments

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. I love your blog, looks great!
    I still haven't read this, not sure if it's my type of read but will give it a go. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid