Review: Catherine - April Lindner


 
 
Do you enjoy reading renditions of classical novels ? Novels like Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice, Emma and Wuthering Heights?
From the author of Jane based on Jane Eyre, I bring you Catherine - a story based on Wuthering Heights.
Review: Catherine - April Lindner - January 2013
You know how when books are released , more often than not there is a particular book that you have been holding out for and you can't wait to read it. For me one of those books was Catherine by April Lindner. I fell in love with this authors work after reading her modern rendition of Jane Eyre - "Jane". It was awesome and easy to read , so when I discovered she was writing a rendition of Wuthering Heights - another of my all-time favourite classic novels, I knew I just had to get my hands on it.  After reading it I was in two minds about the novel as I did love the story but the twists and turns and especially the ending had me screaming out "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO' as I read the final page. Catherine is told in two parts and points of view. The first is Chelsea's whose mother went missing fourteen years ago and now after finding a letter addressed to her that her mother sent , she has gone on a search for her with the believing that she is still alive somewhere and that somewhere leads her to a club called 'The Underground" owned by Hence. The second Point of View is the story of Catherine and Hence ( aka Heathcliff) , it tells the rendition of a tale that we all know oh so well. I did love how the author combined the two points of views and as one who normally doesn't fancy this unless it is done accurately, I quite enjoyed it.  I do look forward to seeing if April Lindner will move over to some of Austen's tales and release similar books.
Catherine is a read that any Bronte and Wuthering Heights fan shall read and will enjoy. Just so that readers know, the only reason that this is getting a 4P rather than a 5P is that I am an ending girl and this ending did not sit right with me.
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid