Review: What a Boy Needs - Nyrae Dawn


 
 
Looking for a new indie author to discover ? A new series to get stuck into ?
Prefer a male lead over a female one ?
Review: What a Boy Needs - Book #2 What a Boy Wants Series - Nyrae Dawn - June 2012
I have to say I am one of those people that tend to read series out of order and back to front, normally because for some annoying reason I can't get book #1 first etc. As most of my Phantom Paragrapher readers know, I have decided to go hard at reading my E-reader as I have such a backlog of books and for some reason Book #2 appeared first so readers here is my review of Book #2 in the What a Boy Wants series by Nyrae Dawn.
Thank goodness that this isn't one of those series where you HAVE to read book #1 to catch the drift as from the first page we discover the series is about a group of four friends Jaden, Priscilla, Sebastian and Aspen. Sebastian and Aspen are now dating after an incident that I'm not sure of happened in Book #1 and Priscilla is dating Chris and it seems that Jaden missed his shot with her big time. The book then continues and we read as Jaden has had it hard, while his friends are off with their loving parents, Jaden is having to put up with his crazy ones . In a way, this reminded me of my living situation as though my parents aren't necessarily like Jaden's in a way me and Jaden are in the same boat - financially and all. One of my favourite parts of the book, was when Jaden and his friends took off to New York as I am heading over to the States in December with my friend Nina. What I loved about it was that no matter how useless and awful and unwanted Jaden was made to feel - he had a strong support group of best friends and Sebastian's parents Roger and Courtney loved Jaden as if he was their own son. 
A great read and now I am looking forward to going back to the beginning and catching up with reading Book #1 in the series "What a Boy Wants".
  
 

Comments

  1. I love this series.Myrae Dawn always writes the most amazing boys..you just easily fall for them. Jaden's story is so much different than Sebastian's. I cant wait to hear your thoughts on What a Boy Wants.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid