Guest Post " Celebrating International Women's Day "




International Women's Day 2012

It's that time of year again, a day of the year that Women are celebrated for being -well just a woman :). This year the theme that has been circulating is the combination of Women and Crafts and one craft in particular has been Knitting. I have to admit for myself personally , I cannot knit , I have tried but just couldn't get my fingers around it. I don't have the co-ordination yet I can cross-stitch which my Aunty Helen taught me when I was about 10-13 years old, she bought me my first cross-stitch set from Spotlight in Wellington . It was a picture of a yellow duck, I spent my whole night and day with it and was so proud of myself when I finished it. Though, Knitting does run in my family as My Nana -Olive Hague is a Knitter , My Aunty Maureen Greaves is a Knitter and of course my Mum Lee Phillips are all proud Knitters. From Jerseys to Slippers to Blankets and Scarves. One of my best friends Deb Hart and her daughter Sophie are also amazing knitters and Sophie though technically she is only a tween is an amazing knitter as her schooling have taught her to Knit which is an amazing skill to learn as it is surprising that many of today's and mine generation included do not know how to knit at all. We are the generation of books , computers and modern technology like Computers, Laptops, Ipads, Ipods and Xboxes/Wii/Playstations.

To help Celebrate with the theme of Knitting = Power , I have arranged a few of my favourite Knitting Books and Knitting Theme Books that all must check out :)


Some Websites to Check Out - For the Knitting Lovers:

Comments

  1. Women are AWESOME! Of course, I'm a little biased because I am one. ;) lol. I linked to this on my blog today, stop by and check it out if you get a chance: http://authorjess.blogspot.com/2012/03/trip-around-thursday-hot-topics-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the excellent work.
    Best Sexologist in Delhi.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid