Top Ten Books I Read Out of My Comfort Zone


Gosh, its been like forever since I've participated in a Meme , I used to do them all the time and then one week forgot to and then it kind of followed suit for yonks.
So What better time than now , when Im thinking about to start back up and write one.
Today's is 10 Books Out of My Comfort zone. As someone who reads alot , this is hard so Im going to change suit with 10 Reads that push Boundaries as well

  1. Accidents in Providence - Stacia Brown - Not normally one for Historical novels but this one I really enjoyed.
  2. Forbidden - Tabitha Suzman - I don't really like to read about Incest in a book but this one was really well written.
  3. The Alien Hunters Series by Gena Showalter - Aliens aren't really my thing but I tried her series as I've enjoyed other books by her and enjoyed it.
  4. I Kissed a Zombie and I Liked It - Adam Selzer - Not really a Zombie Girl but this was a good book.
  5. Generation Dead by Dan Waters - Another good Zombie Teen Series -oops mean Living Impaired.
  6. The Dresden Files - Jim Butcher - I tried reading them ages ago and just couldnt get into them as Wizards and Magic just doesn't do it for me , but now giving them a go , Im Loving it and up to Book #9
  7. Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson - One of my all-time favourite ECF
  8. Naruto Comics Vol #1-Vol #3 - A guy I was dating and now one of my best mates is really into Naruto, so that we would have something to talk about I read the Graphic Novels.
  9. Cowboys Vs Aliens - Due to the film coming out , thought Id check out the Graphic Novel - I don't normally do Graphic Novels.
  10. The Help - Kathryn Stockett - Not normally my type of read but due to the film , thought I should read it - struggled through it but perserved. Loved the movie though.

Comments

  1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my list! Following back :)

    I have been going back and forth about reading The Help. I feel like I should...well, maybe one day I will finally get to it! I have also read Twisted- and it was a really good read, and out of my comfort zone as well.

    P.S. Really like the name of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had Forbidden also. Such a really sensitive and well-written take on a difficult subject

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the Help, but then literary fiction is pretty much in my comfort zone!

    I did not know that Cowboys vs. Aliens was a graphic novel. It sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice list. I recently read the first in the Dresden Files. Not too bad, but I probably won't make much effort to get to the next ones anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid