VBT# Sunrise at Sunset - Jaz Primo



Today's VBT# author in the Romancing the Darkside Book Tour is Jaz Primo and her novel Sunrise at Sunset which is up for grabs if you just leave your name and email address to win - OPEN INTERNATIONALLY.

Synopsis: Sunrise At Sunset -Book #1 Sunset Vampires Series- Jaz Primo-September 2011
We vampires are focused and tend to shape our own realities. My name is Katrina Rawlings, and I am a vampire. I declare that with neither pride nor ego. I am simply nature's most dangerous predator. On occasion, it's a very valuable quality. It helped me protect Caleb Taylor one day when he was very young. But that single, traumatic day is behind him now; wiped from his memory, or so I hope. Caleb has finally matured into a rather striking young man, and believe me, I like what I see. I'll readily admit that there are issues for us to confront and overcome, though a sense of mutual commitment isn't one of them. I'm feeling hopeful for our future together, in fact. But an adversary from my past has returned to haunt me, and she's trying to get back at me through Caleb. That was her first...and last...mistake. I'll protect my Caleb at all costs, and I'll make her regret the day she was born. So, I suppose that I'm not just a vampire. I'm about to become someone's worst nightmare!
--------------------------

[Excerpt cited from Jaz Primo interview on Bookmark Your Thoughts blog on April 14, 2011]

First, and perhaps most importantly, my novel is somewhat (pleasantly) unconventional. Don't expect to read the traditional, mainstream paranormal romance novel format that has become the gold standard for vampire romance today where the helpless, awkward female protagonist has to be saved/courted by the heroic ultra-alpha male vampire lead. Sunrise at Sunset breaks a number of boundaries in the genre, including a rejection of stereotypical gender roles. Believe it or not, I've actually offended a few readers because of that, and they've left somewhat scathing reviews in their wake. However, I've learned to wear that as a sort of badge of honor because I've made somebody think and confront something that's outside the stereotypical norms of our time. Readers should expect heartfelt romance and chemistry between sincere characters who transcend formulaic standards. For example, my editor, Julia, said that the main human character, Caleb, was refreshing and unlike any male lead in modern literature. Each of my main characters starts in their own imperfect and slightly vulnerable emotional place when you meet them, and they're each on individual journeys of self-discovery and healing, though in remarkably unique ways. While different, I think of it as somewhat hopeful and beautiful. As the series progresses, they grow and develop, just like each of us do as we experience real life. Expect to find romance and intrigue that ultimately bursts forth to form an adventure.
 
Review to Come at a Later Date :)
 
COMPETITION:
 
OPEN TO ALL - INTERNATIONAL
To Win a Copy of Sunrise at Sunset, Just leave your name and email address in the comments field.



Comments

  1. Aha! Had trouble finding this! I already have the book but wanted to stop by and say how I love this tour! Great books Jaz. I'm sooo into the second one, almost done :-)
    -Dawn aka dawnmomoffour
    thedoyle6@rogers.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im loving the book so far Jaz!!! Great Post!!
    viajeradelmar@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid