Review: A Log Cabin Christmas - Various Authors

Wanting a nice Christian read that in a way keeps us warm during the winter, though in New Zealand it would be summer?
A Log Cabin Christmas: 9 Nine Romances of American Pioneer Christmases
Review: A Log Cabin Christmas Collection - Various Authors- September 2011.
Isn't it amazing how when you think of certain book titles , it can bring a feeling over you as when I read the title "A Log Cabin Christmas Collection" , the first thought was a lovely warm fire as that's what I associate log Cabins to be like , sitting in front of a cosy warm fire with a cup of hot chocolate and marshmallows and the second thought was Christmas which is such a joyous occasion among all who celebrate it.
A Log Cabin Christmas Collection is the perfect read for anybody who loves to sit and read Christian Fiction as inside it , it comes with a collection of nine stories from all our favourite Christian authors . A couple of the authors I had read there previous novel length books but a few of them I was unfamiliar with and after reading their short stories, I'll be adding them to my list of Christian authors to check out and follow.
All the short stories in the collection are romances and are all Christian historicals set in the period of the early to late 1800's.
The stories include Snow Angel by Margaret Brownley whose series "A Rocky Creek Romance" I had read and really enjoyed the book A Lady like Sarah , The Christmas Secret by Wanda Brunsetter whose novels are mainly set in the Amish community and author of the Kentucky Brothers series which I also enjoyed , Christmas Traps and Trimmings by Kelly Eillen Hake who is actually one of my top favourite Christian authors as I just adored her series "Prarie Promises" especially Book #3- The Bride Blunder , A Star in the Night by Liz Johnson - I hadn't read any of this author before but it seems that she is more commonly known as writing Christian Mysteries , The Courting Quilt by Jane Kirkpatrick , I quite enjoyed her Kinship and Courage series . Under his wings by Liz Tolsma whom was anther new author for me and after searching Amazon, it doesn't seem as though she is as big of an author as the others in this novel , The Dogtrot Christmas by Michelle Ule , another new author who seems to be in the same category as Liz Tolsma , A Grand County Christmas by Debra Ullrick and lastly bu not least Christmas service by Erica Vetsch who happens to be one of my latest Christian authors to add to my favourites list .
This is the perfect read to curl up with and it makes it even more special if you are in front of a fire :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid