Review: Gideon's War - Howard Gordon




A genre that I haven't really read much of lately and surprisingly enough, it's one that I used to a couple of years ago, read alot of. Today's Book is an Adventure/War novel.

Gideon's War: A Novel

Review: Gideon's War- Howard Gordon- January 2011

From the producer/writer of hit TV Shows 24 and X-Files comes his first debut novel "Gideon's War" and I think coming from scriptwriting to novel writing , Howard Gordon has done a brillant job. As I guess it brings talent to write a script as you have to get so much done in an 1/2 -1 hr block every night and it has to be entertaining enough to keep the viewers watching in order for ratings not to slip into oblivion. As this was a genre, I used to read awhile back, it was one I become particular and fussy about . In order to kep me thrilled and entertained , the novel's characters need to be exciting, the novel needs to have a thrilling pace. Which is why I love authors like Lee Child, Matt Hilton, James Patterson, Terrence Strong . Howard Gordon is now one of those authors that I can add to my esteemed list of must-reads and I hope to see more books by him on our shelves in the future.
Gideon's War tells us about two brothers Gideon Davis and Tillman Davis , they are both with Military background. When Gideon is approached by the President and his Uncle Earl Parker asking for his help in retrieving his brother , Gideon readily agrees. It seems however as Gideon digs deeper into the situation, that he and his brother Tillman are being set up by the one person whom they thought cared the world about them. Can Gideon save the day before more people die and as the novel gets along we also learn a bit about Gideon's and Tillman's past .
It's funny one thing about all this Viligante heros like Jack Reacher, Jack Morgan and Joe Hunter and now Gideon Davis is that they are all ex-military , roughly 6ft tall and solid. I did also have a Jack Reacher moment when reading this novel Gideon's War as Jack Reacher fans know he always keeps his items like his toothbrush on him and Gideon makes a statement like "I haven't even got my toothbrush with me".
Gideon's War is one novel that every Adventure lovin' person will have to add to their to read list.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid