Review: Unearthly - Cynthia Hand




Today's review is one that I have been looking forward to reading as I had heard lots about and was lucky enough to get a copy from Netgalley - www.netgalley.com. As we are currently living in a world where supernatural creatures are ruling our genres and shelves , I make my way to reading about another favourite creature of mine - the Angels.


Unearthly (Unearthly - Trilogy)

Review: Unearthly - Cynthia Hand - January 2011

I had gone into this book with expectations as I had heard it was a good book , though I had my doubts as I did not enjoy as much the book Halo by Alexandra Adornetto. However, Unearthly was to prove me wrong as it wasn't just a good book but an awesome book, that had me hooked and I couldn't put it down literally speaking as I was up till 11.30pm- 12am reading it as I wanted to get it finished and find out what happened. I can say as a voracious reader , it takes an really amazing book to want me to not put it down and continue reading it straight through no matter what is happening around me or in this case the clock ticking and the alarm clock in my head going - you should be in bed by now, you have church in the morning.
Never fear though, I did stay up and finish it -all 444 pages of it.  In Unearthly , we learn about the different types of Angel-Bloods and that when they reach 16-17 they have a purpose in life which they are bought into serve. For Clara , her's is about a guy trapped in flames and she is supposed to save him. Her vision means that her mum and brother have to uproot to a smalltown called Jackson Hole , Wyoming from Sunny California. However as the story progresses we meet this mysterious guy who happens to be the School Hottie Christian, though somebody else has attracted Clara's attention - her new friend Wendy's twin brother Tucker. Can Clara keep her eye on her purpose or will the distraction of Tucker be too much to handle ? What happens though when Clara's world of angel knowledge is about to expand and she discovers not only is their a war going on between the White Wings and the Black Wings but that her family and her are not the only angel-blood in Jackson Hole.
Find out what will happen and to see whether Clara fulfills her purpose. Unearthly is book #1 in a trilogy and I cannot wait to read Book #2 as the only thing that disappointed me in Book #1 was the way they ended the novel.





Comments

  1. Thanks for leaving the comments!

    I linked all your reviews to the linky! :)

    Good luck and happy reading!

    -Momo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid