The Postcard Killers - James Patterson and Liza Marklund


Today's book is by one of my favourite mystery authors James Patterson and he is co-writing with a new author Liza Marklund . I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out as I was not really impressed by his latest with Howard Roughan - Don't Blink and since he had not written any with Liza Marklund, I was unsure what to expect.

                                                                    Postcard Killers

                    Review: The Postcard Killers - James Patterson and Liza Marklund- August 2010

As a James Patterson fan I was estactic when I recieved a review copy from www.netgalley.com as I have and pride myself on reading all of his books . I had my reservations though about The Postcard Killers as I was not impressed with Don't Blink co-authored with Howard Roughan and secondly this is the first time James Patterson had written with Liza Marklund.
Though I have to say I was very impressed with the book as like the majority of James Patterson's novels once you get hooked into it , you can't help but read it all in one sitting and with the chapters only 2-4 pages long it is broken down quite nicely.
 The Postcard Killers takes us on a journey around Europe and features two serial killers killing and drugging couples , at first you have a hint on what the significant around the positioning of bodies are but it isn't later till it is officially confirmed. A Major part that I enjoyed in The Postcard Killers was the involvement of Police Force and Journalists all around the world not just centered in one place. The Postcard Killers picks up in Stockholm when Dessie - a newspaper reporter recieves a postcard and then is contacted by NYPD Detective Jacob. Soon we read as Dessie and Jacob go on a worldwide hunt for the killers and soon we read as they are opening more and more doors and uncovering more murders in the lives of the Killers. Of course, the real reason we read these books is to build into anticipation of the capturing of the Killers, will they escape and be brought into a sequel or will Jacob and Dessie capture them and put a close to The Postcard Killers Art Murder Spree ?.
Throughout the book you will see references of the original Postcard Killer - J.Franklin Hickey who killed young boys.  As always a pleasure reading James Patterson novels and I can't wait for the next one and I wouldn't mind seeing Liza Marklund's name on another.



Comments

  1. Hi,

    I enjoyed your review. I actually did not know about J. Franklin Hickey when I read this novel some months ago. I wrote a review a while back. I am attaching a link here so that you can check it out if you are interested.

    http://bookscount.webs.com/apps/blog/show/5241288-the-postcard-killers-james-patterson

    Gina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid