VBT : A Pecunious Life - How to Have a Life Abounding in True Wealth



Have you ever wondered how you could have a life filled with all the riches in the world , well today readers with Mike Dolan , I present you with his latest book "A Pecunious Life - How to Have a Life Abounding in True Wealth" along with an interview with the author himself .


Review : A Pecunious Life- Mike Dolan -2010

The book A Pecunious Life written by Author Mike Dolan has great advice for improving ones life, not only does the author write details of how to become more wealthy, but he incorporates his own experiences which are woven into lessons of life quality. Learning from the past, learning from mistakes, learning from beliefs or mis-beliefs, life-altering events, and exercises where the author asks you to sit in a quiet place and reflect on the lessons given.
The book is not really about becoming wealthy in the money sense, but wealthy in the spiritual and happiness sense. Could we be happy with less? Happiness is a state of mind-
I found this educational and easy to read and recommend it to adults in need of self-hep, spiritual guides, and for people who need a better life than they have right now.
Reviewed by Ami Blackwelder

A Pecunious Life can be purchased on Mike's website or at Amazon:
http://www.mike-dolan.com/
http://www.amazon.com/Pecunious-Life-M-L-Dolan/dp/0741458195/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1

From the Desk of Mike Dolan .......
Here is Mike in his own words:

This is a challenge for me to write. I’m not accustomed to writing about myself. I am a newly published author who believes in the best this life has. I’m a positive energy that is always willing to help those that seek out my help. I am an enabler, a catalyst that’s willing to set the bonfire of your soul aflame. I am nobody.. and yet I am everyone. I have the same feeling, the same hopes, the same desires, and the same dreams you do. Perhaps the one difference is my burning desire to help others come alive to find the dreams once held in my heart. My intent is to help as many people as I possibly can, to bring joy to as many lives as I can, and to empower as many people as I can to find the life of dreams again… My life has been comprised of experience, experiences that have lead me to this point in my life. I wish to share what it is that I have learned along the way so tthat we all will enjoy the time we have.

Today is a new day as is everyday of your life if you so choose. What do I mean by this? It’s simple really… New experiences in our lives always seem to be more exciting, more moving, more beautiful, more of everything. Each day has that energy within it, more specifically your experience of this life as that energy in it. You get to choose how you experience the days of your life. You don’t always get to choose what is within the experience, but you do get to control the way you experience it. Take everyday as a new day, as a new challenge, as a fresh start… Many may balk at this idea due to the nature of how they perceive their own lives, but I would challenge them to try it. If you work in an office where you life is dull, where all you do is sit in a cubicle and push paper. I challenge you to experience it for the first time as if it was your first day. Go in with a smile, say Hi to someone that doesn’t expect it… Experience your day as a new day…

Bio:
Mike was born in the mile-high city of Denver, Colorado 43 years ago. He has lived all around this beautiful world of ours, from Europe to Alaska, to his current home in the Middle East. His education is that of the experiences life gives and school is far from being out for him. He is a lover of life, a life adventurist. He loves to travel, meet new people, and experience new cultures. He has been given a great opportunity to see life in a different light and wishes to share this with you.

Interview :
1) Tell us about your book.....................?


A Pecunious Life is a book that helps people have a wealthy life. My main goal in writing this book is to just help as many people as I can to have a better life, a more full filling life, and to follow their dreams. I share what I have learned through my experiences and travels and then help the reader make a plan for a better life.

2) What gives you the innovation to write a particular genre ?

The self-help genre is my favorite, because it allows me to tap into something more than myself and through that instigate change in those around me.

3) Do you have any other hidden talents besides being a writer ?

I enjoy painting focusing on abstract forms of Phi or the Golden Ratio represented throughout nature.

4) Has your characters or writing been inspired by friends/ family

My book is not a novel. However, the experiences that I have had with my family starting as a young boy were a major inspiration for this book.

5) Did you experience writers block? If so, what did you do to get rid of it?

I use just about everything I can to help me stay on task, but even with all my tricks I still get side track on occasion. The key is not to beat myself up about it. I set goals as mile markers on the path.., as I travel down that path I will encounter challenges along the way. These are things I won’t always be able to identify when setting my goals, so I will just have to work through them. This more often than not will delay reaching the goal. It’s all just a part of the experience as I move forward. Some of the things I use are emails and voice messages to myself, note cards taped to the bathroom mirror, anything that will just put the hint to what I want to accomplish, is enough to move me in the direction. The idea is to be creative with it and have fun.

6) What are you working on now?

I’m in the final steps of finishing another book as I write this. I would like to continue to write in a way that will help people find their dreams, find their true calling in life and become a positive energy for those around them. The book is call A Thousand Thoughts To Ponder

7) What is your favorite scene in your book?

The scenes in my book express some of the things that happened to me that weren't very pleasant but were the foundation of what my book is about. The best scenes were of my travels that gave substance to my ability to help others through my experiences.

8) Had you previously written anything?

This was my first book.

9) How long does it take you to write a book?

It took a lifetime to learn enough to use my experiences to write this book.

10) Which comes first for you – characters or plot?

My book is self - help. There are really no characters or plot. There is a plan to help people have a richer life. I formulated this plan through my experiences and travels.

11) How did you get into writing? Did you always want to become a writer?

I've been writing for ten years mostly in journals I have kept. This is my first published work though and I am excited about reaching this milestone I set for myself.

12) If you were stranded on a desert island, what are three material things you couldn't be
without?

I am not very materialistic but I would like something to write with, something to write on, and my surfboard to bring me closer to nature and my thoughts.

13) What are you reading now?

I've always been an avid reader, but I've always preferred reading to learn something as opposed to just reading for entertainment. In this pursuit I started to read about Leonardo DaVinci, Nikola Tesla, Steven Hawking, and others. I was reading Napoleon Hill, Norman Vincent Peale, Wayne Dryer, Deepak Copra. Right now I am reading: David Hawkins Power Vs. Force

14) Which author has inspired you most and why ?

As I said before there are a number of writers that inspired my writing. I want people who read my book to learn something to help them lead a better life.

15) What advice would you give aspiring authors?

Nike’s slogan comes to mind..., “Just Do It!” Don’t worry about the rules, don’t worry about what people say, don’t worry about anything, just write from your soul. Let all the details work themselves out. If you don’t know how to do something the only way to know how is to “Just Do It.” Don’t let the fear of failure get in your way, everyone that is successful has fail.., everyone... It’s the way you look at things that will determine where you will go in life... Are there boulders that stand in your way or are they stepping stones to the life you wish to live, if you want the life of your dreams then you already know the answer...

16) To finish off, Do you have a quote or poem that has stuck with you over the years and what is the story behind it ?

On my website I have a feed of inspirational quotes and sayings. There are so many that have meaning for me that I can't zero in on just one. You are all invited to my website, http://www.mike-dolan.com/ to more about my book and to find quotes that may inspire you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid